Saturday, August 22, 2009

random adventure to Alturas Lake


Sometimes you just want to get out and drive. Today was that day for me. I had some time before my late afternoon work shift started. So, I got in my car and drove. I started in the direction of Ketchum and Sun Valley because I know there are lots of places that would be a fun and random adventure. I listened to music and opened my windows and sunroof...it was an absolutely gorgeous day!! Another beautiful day up here in the Stanley wilderness. =D As I drove, I decided to go to Alturas lake and check out the area.

This trip, like many others, came with a small detour on the way. If I see an interesting sign or possible fun spot along the way...I stop and check it out. Well this time my detour was Lake Perkins. So I found a spot to park my car and got out and explored. An amazing little path was right before me and I just walked and enjoyed the sunshine, and the random forest noises. The small path divided and reminded me of an old poem that we had to read in school, the one by Robert Frost and the phrase popped into my head, two roads diverged in a yellow wood and sorry I could not travel both. And like in the poem, I stood there for a minute and took in the view and the beauty that this little random adventure had to offer. I knew that either would get me to the same lake, just different views. Well, the path I chose had a gorgeous view!!! Very peaceful and well worth the detour!

I took my time returning to the car and then headed up the road to Alturas. This is where I found my happy place. I don't know why, or why this place...but something about this spot spoke to me and made me just let it all go. I sat there for a while, just thinking and listening to the waves of the lake and watching the cute little couple kayak from my side of the shore to the other side of the lake where the rest of the party seemed to be. The lake was interesting to watch, and three tones of water were visible and for some reason there were many little things that caught my attention. After the kayakers left, there was no one in my immediate area, and it was so peaceful and serene. I could have sat there all day! It was absolutely incredible!! A definite happy place was found at Alturas Lake =D

2 comments:

  1. Jennifer! I don't know if you remember me, but we went to Treasure Valley College together for awhile! I had to write, once on saw you on facebook, and then I found our you were in Stanly I couldn't believe it ! I am in Hailey right now! I am so jealous that you have all that beautiful scenery!

    ReplyDelete