Monday, May 11, 2009

quick trip home, dusk and a bonfire

We have the best general manager....he let us off early saturday for mothers day. So, we in the store, worked until noon and then took advantage of Don's amazing cooking (homemade clam chowder for this meal....yummo! ;). However, I was one of the few that left the lodge to go somewhere for mothers day. I figured that with the lodge season opening coming up soon (May 22nd) that I'd better take the opportunity to leave while I had it! So, I made a quick trip home for mothers day....it was awesome!

I got back into Stanley about dusk on Sunday evening and the lighting was PeRFecT for some pictures....so I went for a walk around the grounds and I'm pretty proud of the pics =] Things around the lodge were pretty quiet and that is not normal...usually people are milling around that time of evening and have a group doing something 'social'. Later, some of the guys came up to the lodge to get some things and said that I should come back with them to the bonfire at Point Beach....'cause that's where everyone was congregating for the evening. So, Nick was nice enough to drive the group of us out and we had a great time, Mikey was quite the entertainer of the evening....singing with his guitar and being a comedian with some jokes that he's picked up in his travels around the states. The first bonfire of many to come this summer.


1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great time! Hey, next time you cruise by this way stop by so we can give you your mail. (It's starting to pile up...:) )

    ReplyDelete